virus: Mother Kept Mummified Daughter for Aliens

From: Walter Watts (wlwatts@cox.net)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 14:19:16 MDT

    This makes at least as much sense as ANY of the worlds religions' life
    after death claims. Why aren't THEY undergoing "medical checks"?

    Walter

    Mother Kept Mummified Daughter for Aliens

    Jul 17, 8:33 am ET

    ALMATY (Reuters) - A distraught Kazakh mother kept her daughter's
    mummified corpse in her apartment for three years hoping she would be
    resurrected by aliens, police said on Thursday. Police spokeswoman Nina
    Tsys told Reuters by telephone from the town of Pavlodar in northern
    Kazakhstan that Olga, 27, was believed to have died from an autoimmune
    disorder after her mother failed -- or declined -- to call for medical
    help.

    She said Olga's cousin, worried by her long absence, had repeatedly
    tried to see her, but the mother would always refuse to let him in under
    various pretexts. Finally police broke in and made the gruesome
    discovery.

    "We believe death was from natural causes, although due to the long time
    that had passed we can't be absolutely sure," Tsys said. "At least we
    found no signs of vandalism."

    Popular Kazakh daily newspaper Vremya carried a picture of the mummified
    body, with withered limbs and parched skin, lying on a plain bed in the
    flat in this industrial town.

    Vremya suggested the mother -- a former nurse -- could have known how to
    treat the body to preserve it.

    Tsys said the mother appeared to have been influenced by a sect
    preaching "cosmology" that promised resurrection of her child with the
    help of a "third cosmic eye" or by aliens.

    She said the mother was undergoing medical checks at a psychiatric
    clinic. Her daughter's remains had been given a proper burial.

    --
    Walter Watts
    Tulsa Network Solutions, Inc.