RE: virus: Re:Notice and Proposal of Importance to all Virians

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 15:40:23 MDT

    From: "Kalkor" <kalkor@kalkor.com>
    To: <virus@lucifer.com>
    Subject: RE: virus: Re:Notice and Proposal of Importance
    to all Virians
    Date sent: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 14:23:45 -0700
    Send reply to: virus@lucifer.com

    > [Joe]
    > According to the peer rating system, Hermit is one of the most highly
    > respected members of the community, although, considering his actions,
    > I have a hard time figuring out why. Does anyone actually believe
    > that he would use such a system honestly with respect to myself, Bill
    > Roh, or anyone who dares to disagree with him? <snip>
    >
    > [Kalkor]
    > That you have a hard time figuring out why does not change the fact.

    Yes, the fact that someone who refers to someone else's mother as
    'drooling', a 'nutcase', and 'the cunt-that-shat-you' nevertheless enjoys a
    high karma ranking.

    > Do we 'believe' that he would use such a system honestly? I don't
    > 'believe' much of anything, Joe. Why not give it a try, instead of
    > assuming that you're going to be treated the way you expect us to
    > treat you? I find it personally insulting that you assume we're going
    > to rank you the way you expect you'll be ranked.
    >
    > Although, in the immortal words of Kurt Kobain... "just because you're
    > paranoid/don't mean they're not after you"

    And so they are, and have amply and repeatedly demonstrated as
    much.
    All, it takes to see that I speak sooth is to look at the present karma
    rankings; that should be evidence enough for any fair-minded
    individual. The proposed peer rankings would undoubtedly follow the
    same unjust course - and for the same unfair reasons.