Re: virus: Re:Notice and Proposal of Importance to all Virians

From: David McFadzean (david@lucifer.com)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 21:40:14 MDT

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Joe Dees" <hidden@lucifer.com>

    > So, what explains the rest of it? That Hermit proferred stances that were congenial to many members' memesets, whilst I
    presented, in the interrests of balance and a wider source base from which to form more informed conclusions, more cognitively
    dissonant views? That still reinforces an ideological lockstep conformity to a particular memeplex in an organization that purports
    to dispassionately and objectively peruse the entire panoply of perspectives on issues, and that just CANNOT be a good thing...

    If copying political articles to the bbs was a major criterion for
    respect you would be king. But I suspect political views matter little
    for most people doing the ratings. At least so far.

    The current ratings are biased toward IRC users because they were the
    initial beta testers. But BBS users and list subscribers outnumber
    IRC users by orders of magnitude. Stop complaining and start rating.