virus: Re:Notice and Proposal of Importance to all Virians

From: Kid-A (moonmonkeysan@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 09:30:40 MDT

    I do not feel that a temporary ban will help in this case, it will merely fuel such parties with greater anger.
    As was discussed on #virus on tuesday night, the ditching of the bbs is not a great idea either.

    These personal attacks on people without reason or any real point to make should definately be moderated, I have very little respect for members of the CoV who just keep going at each other like raging bulls, these people can hardly be called virians if they cannot just try to get along and agree to disagree.

    The reputaion system is a good idea as an experiment, and integrating this system with the tasks system on wiki would be a very good way of progressing the CoV.

    However I dont think that a bad score on the reputation board should result in banning, this decition should be made only by David and a vote of representatives.

    I do agree with hermit on a lot of points he makes, but his actions will in the end result in a lower rating.

    My advice to Joe and everyone else is to try out the reputation system, and if what he thinks will happen does happen, then perhaps it should be changed.

    Kid-A

    ----
    This message was posted by Kid-A to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=28917>