virus: The Prophet

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Sat Aug 16 2003 - 18:20:26 MDT

    "The report we issued last month presented more than 100
    recommendations covering virtually the entire range of concerns
    that face the American people. One of the concerns, obviously, is
    the aging power grid the growing problem that we have in getting
    electricity from the power plant to the light switch. It's clear that
    we must upgrade and expand the power grid. If we put more
    connections in place, we'll go a long way towards avoiding future
    blackouts. Another broad aim is to increase energy supplies from
    diverse sources; from oil and gas, renewables, coal, hydro and
    nuclear. This is the kind of balanced approach we think is
    essential if we're going to meet the country's energy needs down
    the road and take care of many of our other concerns, especially
    with respect to the environment." -- Vice President Dick Cheney,
    U.S. Energy Association Efficiency Forum Washington, D.C.,
    June 13, 2001