Re:virus: RE: I Told You So...

From: Kharin (kharin@kharin.com)
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 05:44:48 MDT

    Although I have received offlist petitions from Joe in the past, I have now apparently been relegated to minion status and am therefore no longer worthy of receiving such spam. You can imagine how much this grieves me; truly my sorrow for this knows no beginning.

    "I, the Virion Cassandra, warned you and prophesied to you"

    Prophets are of course entirely without honour, so Joe much feel quite happy with the current state of affairs (I know I certainly do). However, I feel the more valid mythological comparison is to Philoctetes, an archer that Odysseus was compelled to confine on an island owing to the stench emanating from his abcess.

    "Poor Philoctetes, Poeas' wretched son,
    Whom here I left; for such were my commands
    From Grecia's chiefs, when by his fatal wound
    Oppressed, his groans and execrations dreadful
    Alarmed our hosts, our sacred rites profaned,
    And interrupted holy sacrifice. "

    http://classics.mit.edu/Sophocles/philoct.html

    Truly, those that neglect the lessons of history are condemned to repeat them.

    ----
    This message was posted by Kharin to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29182>