RE: virus: The Ideohazard 1.1

From: Jonathan Davis (jonathan.davis@lineone.net)
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 10:19:07 MDT

    I have defined the term twice. It has the antonym pro-American. It has the
    synonym America-hating. If one is routinely hostile to France one might
    reasonably label one anti-France or Francophobe. That Kitchener or Palmerton
    were worried about anti-Brutishness is moot. Worries about anti-British
    sentiment were certainly on the minds of imperial administrators where
    hearts and minds were concerned in Ireland, India and Africa.

    Handy Guide to Understanding the meaning of Anti-[enter nation]

    1. pursuing an opposite policy to [enter nation] 2. opposing or hostile to
    in opinion, sympathy, or practice to [enter nation] 3. opposing [nation] in
    effect or activity 4. combating or defending against [nation].

    Regards

    Jonathan