RE: virus: Re:communication and body language.

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 13:17:33 MDT

    Thank you for this link! It is absolutely riveting. Eg:
    <q>
    Big Mac
    Neuro-notes. While the subtlety of cabernet, truffles, and haute cuisine
    is processed by higher brain centers, capable of culinary learning, the
    primary tastes of fast food are handled subcortically a. in the
    thalamus, and b. in a buried part of the cerebral cortex called the
    insula (which is emotionally linked to the amygdala and limbic system).
    Like primary colors, the basic bitter, salty, sour, and sweet tastes of
    fast-food coffee, fries, pickles, and soda make brash rather than subtle
    statements

    See also COCA-COLAR.
    </q>

    Best Regards
    Blunderov

    > From Mermaid
    > Sent: 18 September 2003 1900
    > To: virus@lucifer.com
    > Subject: virus: Re:communication and body language.
    >

    > kirk steele's search result is:
    > http://members.aol.com/nonverbal2/diction1.htm
    >
    > it is interesting reading. in fact, it was one of my first subjects of
    > discussion in the neighbouring irc room, #sl4.
    >
    > to blunderov: i too am fascinated by politicians' body language. de
    > gaulle, hitler, david llyod george, churchill, stalin,
    > castro....thatcher...i cant think of any other women...there should be
    an
    > illustrated book on politicians and body language. great politicians
    have
    > mastered the art of public speaking as well as nonverbal
    communication.
    > arrrrggggghhhhh..and then there is dubya. what do you think *he* is
    > communicating to us non verbally?
    >
    > to michelle: i agree that some subjects are better learned through
    > observation. book knowledge just wont cut it. actors and performance
    > artistes do use a lot of body language. esp for actors...there is no
    other
    > way to communicate to the audience other than body language..because
    the
    > audience are the voyeurs and the principal communication is on the
    > stage/screen between the actors. i remember watching this woman, a
    dance
    > teacher, instructing her students on the different emotions..in nine
    main
    > categories...love and laughter, digust and wonder...anger and
    > fear....compassion and peacefulness..i forget the last one...it was
    > fascinating because all the above emotions can be communciated through
    our
    > eyes alone. of course, that is dramatic and things are a tad muted in
    real
    > life.
    >
    > and..yes, i like to watch too...:)
    >
    > ----
    > This message was posted by Mermaid to the Virus 2003 board on Church
    of
    > Virus BBS.

    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid
    =2