virus: Getting a reputation

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Sat Sep 20 2003 - 14:36:01 MDT

    I am writing this from a position of authority. Yes, I shit you not. I am Number 2 in the reputation system, second only to the legendary Lucifer who pays the bills among other things :P

    As it is, my vote on any issue has a value of almost 8 percent of the whole congregation.

    How? It was easy. I just remained silent at a time when silence was the right thing to do. But things change and the requirements change as well. Some problems have been solved and several people from those who make things happen have been active again lately. So, the reputation ratings should change accordingly. Hmm... should they?

    The reputation system came as an improvement to the previous "ownerocracy + kinetocracy" system, which had some disadvantages known to all. Instead of a rule of whoever has more time on their hands, we can have a rule of whoever makes things more interesting for the congregation. You only have to think of the pros and cons of everyone and give a rating.

    Heh... now that I think of it, I'll probably stay at the top for a couple of years without doing anything. The system seems to lose momentum. I can see that new people who join the system get rated by only a dozen, so they don't have a chance. Then, their own ratings to others don't have much weight either.

    Maybe if everyone visited the reputation rating page and the vote page at least once a week, say, every Monday... Bah, forget it.

    ----
    This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29293>