virus: Re:Ever heard of Nietzsche's sister?

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Sat Sep 27 2003 - 12:43:40 MDT

    [rhinoceros]
    Ever heard of Nietzsche's little sister?
    I found this in the London Review of Books

    It wasn't him, it was her
    Nietzsche's Sister and the Will to Power
    http://www.lrb.co.uk/v25/n18/disk01_.html

    [athenonrex]
    you mean....you'd never heard about Elizabeth Wagner-Nietzsche?

    the will to power and her influence and tampering, as well as her distorting it to be nothing but nazi propaganda...that's relatively old news. and, sheez, if that's one of the things- i mean ignorance of this fact- that had kept nietzsche and his philosophies more on the outskirts of this forum...wow, i really would be shocked.

    [rhinoceros]
    Nah, that was just me. In fact, I have often heard fellow virians talk about Nietzsche, but it is one of those things I have been unable to handle. They often say that you can't get what Nietzsche is about if you don't read it straight from the horse's mouth, but whenever I tried, either in my young days or now, i was soon bored because he did not seem to answer any questions I wanted to ask.

    I even heard a suggestion once, that we make Nietzsche a virian saint, so I'll ask again the same question I asked at that time: Why? What is important with Nietzsche? What did he do? I can appreciate the literary value in this kind of texts, but is there something more which I am missing? Or is it beyond explanation and "either you get it, or not"?

    ----
    This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29316>