RE: virus: Studying Ad Populem, was: ideohazard 1.1

From: Jonathan Davis (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 17:11:38 MDT

    [quote author=Blunderov link=board=54;threadid=29368;start=0#127123 date=1064875206]
    Jonathan Davis
    > Sent: 30 September 2003 0014

    <snip>
    > You seem to have missed the point Karin. The Scruton discussion is
    over,
    > this thread is a general discussion on a type of fallacy.
    </snip>

    [Blunderov] Well, I sort of asked a question and Kharin replied. I never
    agreed to stop talking about it. (You can't offer me some more tea if I
    haven't had any yet!)

    And I'm glad that Kharin replied because it was this direct correlation
    between Scruton's values and Virian values that finally convinced me not
    to read him.

    [Jonathan] I suppose you are right. You see, I have agreed not to keep on about it. You are not subject to that agreement, so chat away.

    As for Kharin and the quotes, the only way to really understand them (and see the point) is to read them in context, which you refuse to do. You cannot be helped.

    What Kharin is doing is quoting Scruton out of context. This is know as a contextomy . Good for propaganda, bad for truth, even worse for independent thinking. But maybe that I where the CoV is being prodded, towards to authority based pronounments and dogmas, "Big priest say don't read heterodoxy".

    I hope to remain a corrective.

    Regards

    Jonathan

    ----
    This message was posted by Jonathan Davis to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29368>