RE: virus: Re:Debate Challenge #2

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 11:01:11 MDT

    > [Mermaid]
    > This project is killed. I am not fit to continue this because I,
    > obviously, dont know the appropriate meaning and definition of the
    term
    > 'parlimentary style'. I'll do my bit when I am learned enough for this
    > esteemed group.

    [Blunderov]
    Sorry to hear this. In view of the favourable reception perhaps you
    might reconsider?

    It would have been a good opportunity to illustrate the difference
    between debate, the objective of which is to produce a winner, and
    philososphy, the objective of which is to move nearer to the truth.

    In the former, a charitable interpretation of an argument is
    counterproductive and in the latter it is helpful.

    May I urge you to take a charitable view of the Hermit's enquiry?

    Best Regards
    Blunderov