virus: Re:Debate Challenge #2

From: Mermaid (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 22:01:41 MDT

    Additional thoughts and clarifications: I'd be thrilled if someone wants to adopt the debate challenge idea, if they have the time and think that this is a worthwhile project. On the other hand, as someone else suggested to me, there can be an IRC chat on the very same topic in which everyone can participate and set up an automatic process to implement a framework of rules so that regular virian debates can take place without a moderator's involvement. There need to be no Robert's rules or even Mermaid's rules. We will just create Virian Debate Rules. I did not set out to design my own system because I wanted to run it. I only thought that it would be quicker(and easier because i never argue with myself for more than five minutes) and mostly intended for it to be an experiment with refinements along the way.

    ----
    This message was posted by Mermaid to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29399>