Re: virus: Primitive society violence and murder rates. was Re: :The Disciplinary Process of the Church of Virus

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 14:10:03 MDT

    [Blunderov]
    What I was wondering about is the apparent persistence of the 'romantic
    outlaw' theme in popular culture. Often criminals seem to attract an
    unaccountable admiration. Ned Kelly is a folk hero. So is Robin Hood.
    Guy Fawkes is still celebrated around the world. Here in SA the Stander
    gang seemed to attract more approval than anything else. And the popular
    imagination is rapt with what it perceives as the nihilism of serial
    killers.

    [rhinoceros]
    Heh, thanks for reminding me Blunderov. I just dug out Bob Dylan's "Pat
    Garett and Billy the Kid."