virus: Two requests for tonight debate

From: Jonathan Davis (jonathan@limbicnutrition.com)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 15:51:12 MDT

    Dear Fellows,

    I will miss the big indaba tonight about our discipline. Please could
    you consider two points on my behalf:

    1. Defeasibility/Corrigibility. Please can we make it a clear that any
    process is subject to review and reconstitution. Perhaps we ought to
    build in fixed review points on all policies to make sure they are
    achieving their aims. These processes, like all laws, must be subject to
    repeal and review.

    2. Scale/proportion. Please can there be some discussion about how we
    might measure the scale of an offence or whether it is worthy of
    activating the disciplinary process. I see a danger of the process being
    abused through trivial demands for action where it is not warranted.

    Thanks and good luck tonight. May agreements and goodwill grow like
    mushrooms on body of the church.

    Kind regards,

    Jonathan