RE: virus: Re:The Disciplinary Process of the Church of Virus

From: Jonathan Davis (jonathan.davis@lineone.net)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 17:53:53 MDT

     Dear Hermit,

    Thank you for taking the time to comprehensively answer my questions. It is
    late here now (00:36) and I am too tired digest it properly. I will read
    through your answers in the morning and if I have any more questions I will
    post them.

    I will say though that whilst I have seen many c&p articles posted by all of
    us, apart from Joe's brief flooding (he sees it as defence against a
    coordinated attack) I have never seen anyone "bombarding [the CoV] with c&p
    articles, Christian apologetics, continuous assertions of bigoted statements
    about other groups and disparagement of others" either together or
    individually.

    What might help is a benchmark, say Usenet, where we can see real villainy
    and abuse. Proper comparison will avoid the danger of us judging each other
    against ideals which we all fall short of and consequently are too harsh on
    ourselves.

    Finally, I came across a great looking book on crime in Forbidden Planet on
    Saturday. It is the FBI crime classification manual in one volume. Cannot
    find it on amazon.co.uk, but looked really good.

    Kind regards

    Jonathan