RE: virus: F**cking USA

From: Jonathan Davis (jonathan.davis@lineone.net)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 03:38:48 MDT

    Howdy Rhino,

    [rhinoceros] Apparently, this Rob Pongi guy was shocked by this poorly done,
    angsty and vocal video clip which "they found [...] at the peak of a fearful
    relationship between North Korea and America", made by "North Koreans [...]
    in South Korea [...] and boadcast in a TV news show"

    But what about you Jonathan? Don't you have this kind of guys in the big
    city? We have lots of them in high schools around here, and I can see lots
    of similar things in the States as well, some of them with different
    recipients.

    [Jonathan] Guys like the makers of the video? I don't know any. I do not
    know any hateful anti-American individuals IRL. My friends tend away from
    bigotry. Even those who would take a day off to protest against Bush's visit
    would not take their objections about US policy to the level of hating the
    USA. Even the Serbs I know - people who have been attacked and bombed by US
    led forces - do not show such strong contempt.

    [rhinoceros] The "Fucking USA" theme, in particular, was very popular among
    the young here 15-20 years ago, more so when it was forbidden. Why would you
    find it *dangerously* bigoted

    [Jonathan] Who said *I* found it anything but funny?

    As one Metafilter poster noted, "I wonder if "The Angry American," "Where
    Were You," and "This Ain't No Rag It's A Flag" sound as cheezy and ignorant
    to them (and me) as "Fuck'n USA" sounds to us."?

    [rhinoceros] or even worth mentioning?

    [Jonathan] I found it humorous.

    [rhinoceros] Did it catch up since last year when it was "found"?

    [Jonathan] Don't know or care.

    [rhinoceros] Are you interested in discussing group bonding, adolescent
    angst, how TV news shows choose their topics, or what?

    [Jonathan] Maybe a discussion on general bitchiness is in order? ;-)

    [rhinoceros] I hope you did not mean to discuss the factual content of that
    video clip... you could find better defended texts for that purpose.

    [Jonathan] Factual content? If you find any, you can discuss it with
    interested parties here: http://www.korea-dpr.com/ .

    For those without QuickTime, here are the words, facts and all...

    We clearly remember the blood and tears we shed.
    And you were the cause of our country's division.
    FUCKING USA!
    And we won't forget all of the horrible massacres.
    You are a country of murderers.
    FUCKING USA!
    But if America is such a righteous country,
    then why can't we say what we want to say?
    Have you made us into slaves of our own precious land?
    So now we are yelling
    WE ARE AGAINST AMERICA.
    You stole the Olympic Gold medal from us.
    You are a dastardly thief.
    FUCKING USA!
    You have the ability to steal everything and go on a rampage.
    You are a monstrous thief.
    FUCKING USA!
    Did you hear Bush's violent threats?
    Such an audacious country!
    FUCKING USA!
    You threaten war in North Korea and intrude in our internal affairs.
    You are a country of gangs.
    FUCKING USA!
    But if America is such a beautiful country,
    then why can't we say what we want to say?
    And we're worried about what kind of damage we could get from America.
    So now we are yelling
    YANKEE GO HOME!

    Discussion, comments etc. http://www.metafilter.com/mefi/28922 .

    That's it from me on this matter.