RE: virus: More than two choices in a poll

From: Kalkor (kalkor@kalkor.com)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2003 - 15:53:50 MDT

    [Erik]
    However, I should be able to express my preference for 3 OR 5 as acceptable
    choices. There is only one, exclusive outcome, but that is no reason to
    restrict the expression of preference.

    The purpose of a poll is to find a consensus single winner - not to
    determine the single choice within a given vector. I may feel that 3 or 5
    is fine. (In fact that is exactly how I feel).

    [Kalkor]
    The purpose of a poll is to gather data about opinions, not find a consensus
    single winner. The wording of this poll, by implication since you can only
    chose one, is something along the lines of "if you had to chose ONE of
    these, which would it be?" not "which of these do you prefer? chose as many
    as you'd like."

    [Erik2]
    So the purpose of the poll is not to determine the best course of action?
    Hmm. Then what's the real point?

    [Kalkor2]
    Now we're gonna have to get into a semantic argument. Shall we?

    'the purpose of a poll'
    'the purpose of the poll'
    'the purpose of this poll'

    Please discuss, class ;-}