virus: Re:Upgrading mobo + cpu?

From: ElvenSage (elvensage@chaosrealms.org)
Date: Sun Oct 19 2003 - 11:21:20 MDT

    My suggestion would be to check out newegg.com they are by far one of the best sites for getting computer parts online. Personally I've had a lot of luck with the gigabyte series of motherboards. Right now I'm using a gigabyte KT 400 Series mobo (that came with all the little goodies like a Serial ATA connector...) running a AMD Barton 2500+. It supports 8X AGP, 333 MHZ FSB, and few gigs of DDR RAM. I'm not sure how well this compares to other Mobos out now, because I bought this thing a year ago. It's great for what I need though.

    ----
    This message was posted by ElvenSage to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29554>