virus: 455 Rocket

From: Walter Watts (wlwatts@cox.net)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2003 - 18:36:09 MDT

    Words and Music by:
    (Gillian Welch/David Rawlings)

    Sung by:
    Kathy Mattea

    "455 Rocket"

    Mr. Smith had an oldsmobile
    Baby blue with them wire wheels
    I took her home the day that she was advertised
    He said she leaked when, it would rain
    And sounded like an aeroplane
    But I knew she was a jewel in disguise
    She had a 455 Rocket
    The biggest block alive
    I couldn't hardly wait just to take my turn
    She was made for the straight aways
    She grew up hating Chevrolets
    She's a Rocket, she was made to burn
    Whose junkpile piece of Chevelle is this?
    You boys come here to race or just kiss?
    Don't you wanna know what I got underneath my hood?
    I know she might sound like she's missing
    But buddy, she could teach you a lesson
    In just a quater mile, and I'll smoke you good
    In my 455 Rocket
    The kind the police drive
    I couldn't hardly wait just to take my turn
    She was made for the straight aways
    She grew up hating Chevrolets
    She's a Rocket, she was made to burn
    I'm telling you and I ain't ashamed
    I cried when that wrecker came
    As we skid I thought I heard the angels sing (sounded like the Beach
    Boys)
    We hit the curve and began to sail
    Took out most of the safety rail
    Even the cop asked me
    "Man, what'd you have in that thing?"
    I had a 455 Rocket
    The very kind you drive
    You oughta watch yourself when you take that turn
    'Cause she was made for the straight aways
    She grew up hating Chevrolets
    She's a Rocket, she was made to burn
    Lord, she's a Rocket she was made to burn

    --
    Walter Watts
    Tulsa Network Solutions, Inc.