Re:virus: THERE IS A GOD!!!!!

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Mon Oct 27 2003 - 04:22:19 MST

    [Walter Watts]
    THERE IS A GOD!!!!!

    [rhinoceros]
    Heh...
    "IN the name of the merciful and compassionate God." (Koran 1:1).

    <quote from AP>
    Rockets Drive Wolfowitz Out of Iraq Hotel
    Oct 26, 7:31 PM (ET)

    BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - The U.S. occupation authority retreated from its headquarters Sunday after Iraqi insurgents, using a "science project" of a rocket launcher, attacked the heavily guarded hotel with a missile barrage that killed an American colonel, wounded 18 other people and sent the visiting deputy defense secretary scurrying for safety.

    Paul Wolfowitz, the shaken-looking but unhurt Pentagon deputy, said the strike against the Al Rasheed Hotel, from nearly point-blank range, "will not deter us from completing our mission" in Iraq.

    <snip>

    The assault highlighted the vulnerability of even heavily guarded U.S. facilities in Iraq, where American forces sustain an average of 26 lower-profile attacks daily, and where Wolfowitz came to assess ways to defeat the stubborn 6-month-old insurgency.

    More than 15 hours after the rocket fire and after U.S. security officials flooded the neighborhood, two explosions went off in the same downtown area. An Iraqi policeman said an assailant fired a rocket-propelled grenade at a U.S. convoy next to the al-Mansour Hotel, about a mile away from the Al Rasheed. There were no casualties, he said.

    A day earlier, a rocket-propelled grenade forced down a U.S. Army Black Hawk helicopter north of Baghdad, the 4th Infantry Division confirmed Sunday. The incident occurred just hours after Wolfowitz left that area on the second day of his three-day visit. One soldier was injured.

    <snip>

    [rhinoceros]
    So, the war is not over, is it? Not likely.
    I wonder how those corporations which would undertake the "rebuilding" are doing. Any investment opportunities? I remember there was even a talk about what type of mobile phones would be "best" for Iraq. Did they make their minds about that yet?

    That news reminded me of Clinton's visit here some years ago, when the bombing of Serbia was still news. Thousands of cops were deployed in Athens, keeping the streets of a big chunk of the city completely empty while he was moving, just in case. His best defence was probably the fact that nobody had any intention to launch any rockets at him.

    ----
    This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29605>