virus: On causality and truth

From: David McFadzean (david@lucifer.com)
Date: Sat Nov 08 2003 - 10:27:31 MST

    Correlation does not imply causality, but correlation is all we can possibly
    detect.
    Given sufficiently corroborated correlation, we infer causality.

    Likewise, coherence does not imply truth, but coherence is all we can possibly
    detect.
    Given sufficiently corroborated coherence, we infer truth.

    Does that make sense? Has anyone seen this analogy before?

    David