Re: virus: New virian virtue

From: Erik Aronesty (erik@zoneedit.com)
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 13:28:58 MST

    : What do you mean be integrity?

    I mean doing what you say you would do.

    : Is someone that has integrity necessarily virtuous?

    No, they are merely inneffective. And they waste other people's time and resources.

    : How does it relate to the existing sins and virtues?

    It is orthoganal, with a purpose to motivate them.

    : Is it always rational to maintain integrity?

    What is rational about saying you will do something when you will not?

    : Can one be dogmatic about their integrity?

    I would contend that one can be dogmatic about anything. The mere act of writing down virtues at all creates a dogma.

    : Is integrity implicit in any or all of the virtues, or (as Blunderov has already suggested) is it implicit in the denial of at least one of the sins?

    There is no clear definition of Integrity in the existing virtues.

    Adding it will expand the growth of COV.