Re: virus: New virian virtue

From: Erik Aronesty (erik@zoneedit.com)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 00:14:49 MST

    You can quantify Integrity. You have lists of things you promised to do.

    When they don't overlap, you do them. When they do overlap, you prioritize them and request to be cleared of the lower priority ones.

    Any time you fail, you acknowledge it as failure, and attempt to learn from it: how to better organize your time, what kinds of commitments to give.

    These are, of course, techniques. Those who are practised in the art of integrity can perform these tasks without thinking too much about it.

    Yous scientist friend should at least call to say he'll be late. Or call afterwards to apcknowledge his lack of integrity. Etc. And he can learn not to waste other people's precious time by scheduling appointments he cannot keep.