Re: virus: New virian virtue

From: David McFadzean (david@lucifer.com)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 08:27:57 MST

    metahuman wrote:
    > "I mean by intellectual integrity the habit of deciding vexed
    > questions in accordance with the evidence, or of leaving them
    > undecided where the evidence is inconclusive. This virtue, though it
    > is underestimated by almost all adherents of any system of dogma, is
    > to my mind of the very greatest social importance and far more likely
    > to benefit the world than Christianity or any other system of
    > organized beliefs." -- Bertrand Russell, "Can Religion Cure Our
    > Troubles?" (1954)

    This equates intellectual integrity with agnosticism, which is
    encoded in the Virian sin of Dogmatism. Good quote.

    I was thinking that we should expand and elaborate the Sins and
    Virtues in a format similar to the exposition in the 48 Laws of Power.
    Each law has described in several sections, a judgment (brief
    description), then a transgression and observance taken from
    historical events with interpretations.

    You can find an excerpt at Amazon>>

    Does anyone have the book handy? What are the other sections?

    David