virus: Moderate Manifesto

From: sun tzu (ouri_maler@yahoo.fr)
Date: Sat Nov 22 2003 - 14:53:01 MST

    This is a little thing I wrote a few months ago...Opinions, anyone?

    MODERATE MANIFESTO

    No matter where one is in the world, one can always hear the discourse of extremists of all kinds. Be it religious extremism or political extremism – or both – there are always madmen who support insanity, intolerance, and, in too many cases, violence.
    And yet, most people aren’t extremists – most human beings are moderates. However, a moderate usually doesn’t have as much anger and rage as an extremist – and the later will get much more attention. This is why it often seems as if we are surrounded by enraged lunatics, when they are nothing in truth but a tiny minority.
    Most people are NOT insane.
    Most people are NOT hateful.
    Most people are NOT fanatics.
    Most people are NOT extremists.
    The minority of those who are all of this are simply more vocal than the saner majority. And it is time we moderates stop letting them monopolise discourse – we must speak up. We must write. We must proclaim what we think. We must prove that mankind isn’t a lost cause.
    So, if you have an opinion on a subject, don’t be afraid to say it. Even if you’re not fanatical about it. Especially if you’re not fanatical about it.
    And advise other people to do the same.
    Hopefully, this will bring a little additional drop of sanity to the world.

    ----
    This message was posted by sun tzu to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29703>