RE: virus: How many Christians does it take to change a light bulb?

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2003 - 06:38:58 MST

    [Blunderov] I suppose this invites the question: how many virians does
    it take to change a light bulb?

    I expect we would need to identify the components of the light bulb's
    memeplex in order to determine further just which of these elements are
    deserving of further replication, if any.

    Until this analysis is complete, it will not be possible to specify (n)
    with any degree of certainty although (n) is currently suspected to be a
    number equal to or greater than 1.

    (But I'm open to other opinions - just be prepared to back them up
    though.)

    Best Regards

    <q>
    CHANGING A LIGHT BULB THE CHRISTIAN WAY

    How many Christians does it take to change a light bulb?

    Charismatic: Only 1

    Hands are already in the air.

    Pentecostal: 10
    One to change the bulb, and nine to pray against the spirit of darkness.

    Presbyterians: None
    Lights will go on and off at predestined times.

    Roman Catholic: None
    Candles only.

    Baptists: At least 15.
    One to change the light bulb, and three committees to approve the change
    and decide who brings the potato salad and fried chicken.

    Episcopalians: 3
    One to call the electrician, one to mix the drinks and one to talk about
    how much better the old one was.

    Mormons: 5
    One man to change the bulb, and four wives to tell him how to do it.

    Unitarians:
    We choose not to make a statement either in favour of or against the
    need for a light bulb. However, if in your own journey you have found
    that light bulbs work for you, that is fine. You are invited to write a
    poem or compose a modern dance about your light bulb for the next Sunday
    service, in which we will explore a number of light bulb traditions,
    including incandescent, fluorescent, 3-way, long-life and tinted, all of
    which are equally valid paths to luminescence.

    Methodists: Undetermined
    Whether your light is bright, dull, or completely out, you are loved.
    You can be a light bulb, turnip bulb, or tulip bulb. Church wide
    lighting service is planned for Sunday. Bring bulb of your choice and a
    covered dish.

    Nazarene: 6
    One woman to replace the bulb while five men review church lighting
    policy.

    Lutherans: None
    Lutherans don't believe in change.

    Amish: