Re: virus:to the students here

From: athe nonrex (athenonrex@godisdead.com)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2003 - 15:20:48 MST

    [ElvenSage]

    College for me so far has seemed like wasted time. Not because it's not going to get me somewhere, but because I haven't really been challenged and I haven't learnt much of anything from being there.

    [athenonrex]

    yeah, i continually got that impression at college too. of course, i
    was only attending a community college, but that community college
    has one of the most respected music programs of any community college
    in CA, better than some 4-year colleges that promote their music
    programs. even so, as a student majoring in music theory/composition
    with an emphasis on writing music for multiple instruments using
    the principals of harmony (i'd really like to get into video game
    music or maybe movie scoring), the classes seemed not to be challenging
    enough for me.

    even as this is one of the most respected community colleges in the
    whole state, i get the impression that the overall standards in schools
    in general have been lowered.