Re: virus: new patriotic song for Americans

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2003 - 19:23:36 MST

    [metahuman]
    This is a really good song. It's country, but uh, even a metalhead can
    appreciate the lyrics. It presents a dreamy view of being a soldier for
    a country... download it or something.

    <snip>

    And I will always do my duty, no matter what the price,
    I've counted up the cost, I know the sacrifice,
    Oh, and I don't want to die for you,
    But if dyin's asked of me,
    I'll bear that cross with honor,
    'Cause freedom don't come free.

    I'm an American soldier, an American,
    Beside my brothers and my sisters I will proudly take a stand,
    When liberty's in jeopardy I will always do what's right,
    I'm out here on the front lines, sleep in peace tonight.

    <snip>

    [rhinoceros]
    Very strange. Do you think the ...poet makes sense, talking about
    liberty and being asked to die? Is it about Word War II or what?

    Also, did you find this motivating as a person and a maketer?