Re: virus: Confession

From: Erik Aronesty (erik@zoneedit.com)
Date: Sun Dec 07 2003 - 10:30:09 MST

    A more powerful way for me to have had the story published would be for me to have gotten all my friends to vote for it.

    If I had gone that route it may have required more work, but the benefits would be lasting.

    This is the case when it comes to hypocrisy. Any time you find yourself falling short of your own word, it is typically a false gain and an overall loss of opportunity.

    I lost the opportunity to refine my friendships and draw my community closer to me.

    I gained nothing because I could have achieved the same outcome using enrollment conversation.

    The owner and some readers of k5 noticed my deceit, and this will caise some people to trust the system less and possibly use it less. This is a system I really love... so the loss there is mine as well.

    You might say I saved time... but the cost clearly outweighed the benefits.

    Affinity (reputation) is a precious commodity...