RE: virus: Osama bin Laden and the Bushes (was Saddam arrested)

From: Michelle Anderson (michelle@barrymenasherealtors.com)
Date: Mon Dec 22 2003 - 13:08:24 MST

    [Jei]So what kind of hormones and diet do you recommend? XD

    > [metahuman]
    > The best and last site you'll ever need regarding working out and
    > making the most of your body:
    >
    > http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/
    > [Michelle] cool link! Thanks!

    [Michelle] Welllll... having just come back from the gym with a
    PERSONAL BEST of 250 on the bench press (*glow*)...

    I'm totally against steriods only because I think lifting is best
    pursued as a long-term health enhancer and steriods are the opposite
    (good in the short term but likely to fuck you up in the long run).
    Also I enjoy my voice in the octave it was made for. And a smooth,
    hairless chest.

    As far as diet and supplements go, be sure you're taking some calcium
    for muscle response (read around for limits - as a girl I don't have to
    worry about limits on calcium much). You may want to look into
    creatine, a favorite of mine. It's an amino acid, the primary one used
    by the body when proteins are used. Your body naturally synthesizes it
    in the brain and gonads. It's freely available in beef but can be
    purchased in powder form and mixed in with juices or other natural
    sugars (to aid absorption). It's recommended that you take it on 3 mos
    on, 3 mos off cycles to keep your body primed to produce it naturally.
    Any hormone-based product (or "pre-hormones" that are available now) is
    a lifelong committment - when you stop taking them you will go back to
    the metabolism that your body prefers for your age.

    I have body fat issues, so I have to be careful what I eat. Depending
    on your particlar metabolic make, you need to keep the following in
    mind: use fat in moderation, eat as much protein as you can (but only
    when you have at least 8 hours to digest before working out), and use
    carbs to fuel your workout.

    Personally, I tried pure Atkins for a few months but found that it did
    not give me enough carbs to have quality workouts and continue building
    strength/muscle fiber. So I eat all carbs in the morning and no carbs
    in the evening, with a focus on protein acquisition. It's important to
    keep your body fueled with light carbs before a workout because when
    you're trying to lift it's double duty for your body to continue
    digestion processes, and usually the lifts suffer.

    That's the short summary of what I've learned from picking my trainer's
    brain for two years.

    :)
    Michelle