Re:virus: TEOTD (thought experiment of the day)

From: Zloduska (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 02:00:22 MST

    My very brief message would include, "Come to America with your sisters!", and it would be addressed to my Czech namesake (no, not Zloduska, my real name), who I never met but always wished I had. When I finally did follow in her footsteps (about a century later, and about a decade after she died) where she lived, I somehow felt a deep, profound connection to another time, a place, and to her- a 'stranger' and a relative I never knew in person. Like an imaginary friend or ghost. It was a very odd feeling of pseudo-deja vu that gripped me, like experiencing something a second time that I never even done before as myself, but in another body/spirit/consiousness. Ever go somwhere and have it be strange and new but eeriely familiar at the same time? I recall, I had never been there before in my life, but drunk on buckets of red wine, aimlessly roaming in the middle of the night, no map or directions, not a soul in sight, seemingly lost, found my way around a strange city without any problem at all. Felt a
    certain guiding presence most of the time. Weird for a skeptic like me, for sure.

    ----
    This message was posted by Zloduska to the Virus 2004 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=61;action=display;threadid=29854>