virus: probability

From: David McFadzean (david@lucifer.com)
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 20:16:04 MST

    I have a new (for me at least) conception of probability that
    I wanted to bounce off this crowd:

    Probability is the fraction of possible futures that contain an event.

    Do you think this is right or wrong? If it is right, do you think
    it is obvious (you already thought of it that way) or enlightening
    (in that it makes it more clear or otherwise sheds light on the concept)?

    Lucifer

    p.s. I just checked and googling for "fraction of possible futures"
    turned up zero hits so maybe I'm onto something new here.