virus: Re:What's your law?

From: Mermaid (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 05:08:26 MST

    The Law of the Game (or Lucifer's First Law)
    Those who are doing best in life are playing it like a game.

    [Mermaid]this is vague to me. it begs the question of what 'best in life' really means...apparently, one is a winner if one decides that he has won and when he will win the game. its like playing poker with oneself?

    [Mermaid]On the other hand, if we are to assume that all of us are playing the same "game of life", what are the rules of the game? If you really think about it, people who want to play the same games form groups and play against each other. e.g. All the employees of a corporation play a game within the confined by the corporate rules.

    [Mermaid]Pushing it further, can you play games with people whose rules are different in a playing field where anything goes? People who play the same game form teams and play against those teams which follow different rules. e.g. the xians vs moslems. Sometimes, groups with ruthless mores may appear to win. Think israel. Or the Arab terrrorist groups, if you are from the other side of the camp. Obviously, you cannot win in a game if your opponent's rules are different. Why would anyone want to mate an elephant with an ant?

    [Mermaid]If I can alter Lucifer's First Law, I would say that those who do best in life are those who play the game after they pick their team and opponents well.

    ----
    This message was posted by Mermaid to the Virus 2004 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=61;action=display;threadid=29849>