Re: virus: What's your law?

From: prometheus (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 09:33:24 MST

    [quote from: David on 2004-01-17 at 06:13:34]

    The Law of the Game (or Lucifer's First Law)
    Those who are doing best in life are playing it like a game.

    My take on this is that those who do well at something are engaged by it and willing to give it their attention.

    Playing life as a game allows you achieve some degree of detachment so that being overly emotional does not lead to suboptimal outcomes.

    Since life is an open ended game there is no losing unless you give up because you can always change the rules by changing your perspective or altering the parameters of the game.

    Prometheus

    My law is that principles, patience, and perseverance can often trump raw intelligence or power.

    ----
    This message was posted by prometheus to the Virus 2004 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=61;action=display;threadid=29849>