Re: virus: What's your law?

From: Jake Sapiens (every1hz@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jan 30 2004 - 12:30:40 MST

    Simul,

    I certainly don't want to give the impression that I had any scientific
    evidence to back up my hypothesis (that happiness has a genetic component).
    It was simply a guess and a story I made up to explain it if the guess is
    right; basically just talking out my ass. I do however seem to recall
    something I read which I believed credible at the time indicating that
    chronic depression has a genetic component, and so it doesn't seem like a
    fantastic leap to consider whether habitual happiness has a genetic
    component as well. Whatever the causes of such things, I don't think
    genetic fitness would have a lot of use for people who are happy/satisfied
    all the time. I would, of course, prefer to be "unfit" in such a way
    myself. If you have any cite or URL for your position that happiness isn't
    genetic, I'd be happy to see it. If not, that's okay, because I certainly
    don't have any for my own.

    -Jake

    strongly correlated with geneology.

    > Sports ability and certain intelligence tests, however, are.
    >
    > Again, I reccomend the book, “The Art of Happiness”
    >
    > It is an art, not a hard-wired ability.
    > ---
    > To unsubscribe from the Virus list go to
    <http://www.lucifer.com/cgi-bin/virus-l>

    --- Jake Sapiens
    --- every1hz@earthlink.net