RE: virus: Drowned Indian city could be world's oldest

From: Mermaid (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 05:03:58 MST

    [Blunderov]Some while back I posted some material about how it was thought that side-scan sonar had revealed evidence of a possible sunken city off the coast of, I think, Gudjerat in India.

    [Mermaid]Recently, I stumbled upon a discussion about "Journey of Man: A Genetic Odessey" by Spencer Wells. This has also been adapted as a PBS documentary. Wells insists that all of us are 'africans under the skin' because the first man did emerge from Africa.
    (allowing myself to ditch the blasted grammar and punctuation rules...)...he also maintains that eve is most definitely older than adam(80,000 years earlier), thereby shattering the bible hypothesis...on a trip to southern india, he also unearthed genetic evidence that the dravidians were the first inhabitants and that the aryans came later....the dravidians who populate the southern parts of india, it has emerged through a key genetic marker, were slam bang at the crossroads between africa and man's destinations to central asia and australia..

    wells' theory proposes that at the end of the ice age, africa began drying up and people migrated by droves..while one group went on to settle in what is now the middle east, europe and asia...the other went on to settle in the region we now know as australia..(southern india and australia were joined at that time)...part of the australia bound group had to have settled in the western shores of present day india....during the pennsylvanian and permian ice ages, australia, india, africa and middle east were part of the same land mass...it is very likely that the oldest city is the sunken remains of the gujarat ruins...from what i have read the gulf of cambay structure predates the cities of ancient sumeria..

    however, one unexpected question that popped up was the eve's seniority over adam...if adam wasnt around until 80k years later, would the male gender be a genetic mutation afterall..this isnt the first time i have heard of such a theory...can anyone enlighten me here?

    ----
    This message was posted by Mermaid to the Virus 2004 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=61;action=display;threadid=29834>