Re: virus: Drowned Indian city could be world's oldest

From: Erik Aronesty (erik@zoneedit.com)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 16:50:45 MST

    We frequently and consistently underestimate the “right-brained” abilities of our ancestors.

    I read an article in Wired about a scientist who was trying to figure out how an African weather “master” was able to realiably predict the weather several days in advance. Accurate readings of pressure drops, humidity and wind pattern changes and averages... all these things were required to make these predictions. Apparently there is an enormous amount of sensory sensitivity and ability hardwired into our existing bodies which we don't make much use of.

    Much of the technology of “looking inward” at our own bodies and our innate resources has been scoffed at by scientific “pundits”. Yet every time a scientist goes to, say, measure the brain activity of a Zen Buddhist, they are consistently impressed.

    The lack of “machine technology” in our ancient past does not imply a lack of other technologies.

    I highly reccomend seeing the movie “Whale Rider”.

    Perhaps the technology was “communion with animals?”

    Heh.