RE: virus: Empathy etc

From: Michelle Anderson (michelle@barrymenasherealtors.com)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 11:44:54 MST

    I think that empathy (as in the Virtue) and the emotional involvement it
    suggests is a detached sort of emotion, equally applicable to all.
    Perhaps in considering rationality and reason as companions to empathy,
    we can conceptualize it as an even-handed interest in the human
    condition. (or non-human, depending on your interests) Only when
    empathy is applied without objectivity is there a risk of emotional
    irrationality.

    -Michelle