Re: RE virus: More bush democracy

From: Dr Sebby (drsebby@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 04 2004 - 15:34:03 MST

    ...when considering eugenics and the like, how would one approach such
    genetic mutations such as sickle-cell anemia? i would imagine that were it
    not for the existence of malaria, such a trait would be considered entirely
    negative, useless, and destructive to the human organism...and thus
    eliminated.

    ...this example brings up an important question; shouldnt we make sure we've
    acheived sufficient mastery over genetics before we start trying to make
    significant subtractions? or at least be extremely careful in our
    assessments? unfortunately, genetic mutation is a survival mechanism with
    the interest of the whole in mind...not the individual. so if we're going
    to put the cart before the horse, we better make certain we have the
    capacity to switch the horse and cart back again. or just strap Walter to
    the horse's back.

    ...for now i say, "say NO to retardation!"

    DrSebby.
    "Courage...and shuffle the cards".