RE: virus: Re:Mother's wisdom

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Sun Mar 07 2004 - 09:59:10 MST

    [Blunderov] It's been a long time since my mother told me a story but
    when I saw her today she told me one well worth waiting for.

    She was alone at home one day when a couple of Jehova's Witnesses turned
    up at her front door pitching the usual woo. She explained "I am atheist
    so I'm afraid I won't be much use to you, but come in anyway and have a
    cold drink. It's a long, hot walk up the driveway and you must be
    tired."

    They duly came in and were gratefully imbibing their drinks when one of
    them asked my mother "You're an atheist and yet you invited us in for a
    drink. If you don't believe in God, how do you know the difference
    between good and bad?"

    My mother replied "Well I don't, necessarily; but I do know the
    difference between better and worse!"

    Best regards