virus: Raining Consciousness

From: Nathanael Allison (jubungalord@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 09:52:03 MST

    Reading my monthly Scientific American I stumble upon an article title "The
    Major Unsolved Problem in Biology" by Micheal Shermer (author of Borderlands
    of Science, currently reading) which is a review of 3 books explaining
    consciousness all dated 2004. I compound this with 68,000 hits on amazon
    keyword-consciousness and the fact that I have 20 books already heading
    towards Germany that I've hand picked about consciousness before my plane
    has even taken off (in the Army you must factor in quantum mechanics and
    several layers of additional uncertainty principles to figure out when your
    plane leaves) leading me to believe that hundreds of proffesionals all seem
    to be either

    A - hitting continuously on some buzzword "consciousness" to sell random
    life-cisis type driftors books

    B - are all in a self contained bubble in which no unified theory of "we
    need to get out of here and see the world" will stop this epiphany meme

    C - restateing 99% of previously written material has been shown to get
    those collegiate types on the fast lane of acedemia

    Oh but don't stop me now. For progress resides not in proposing new
    authentic theories, It is the essence of stasis that propells science. Or to
    be more correct the essence of slightly educated popular opinion of science
    in stasis that propells the future of science.

    Pray to the media filters

    "Does thou hast not a brother that hasn't the abilities to stopeth the
    redundancies"