virus: Terry Pratchet fans in CoV?

From: b pander (uisgebeata@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 08:19:09 MST

    Well the question is pretty straight forward is'nt it?

    This is not a post about some serious and intelectual book but about a verry
    funny serry by Terry Pratchet. I suspect quite a lot of fans of this great
    author of fantasy parody/modernworld fun. Who know this authors work?

    For the people who don't know his work: it's like addam douglas hitchikers
    guide to the galaxy in a fantasy setting but even more amusing(I think) he
    also uses motives of modern day live and makes fun of them. Discworld god's
    for instance realy exist(you can actualy meet them if you are a litle bit of
    a witch, wizzard, monk e.d) but only if enough people belive in them they
    have power. There is one religion in the discworld which does belives in a
    god who they never met and can not see (like modern day religion) the curch
    of Om and the folowers omnians. They are in a constant row about how church
    of Om should be and whats its moral. Ofcourse other religions don't
    understand why they worship a god which is obvious not there....

    The wizards of discworld created our universe and called it roundworld as an
    experiment to see what happens in a world were magic does not exist...

    The science of discworld one and two are the books in which Pratchet looks
    at roundworld history and science from a discworld perspective. It realy is
    extreamly funny and somehow a bit insightfull (allthough maybe not for
    pretty enlightent people as members of CoV)..as are all his books.

    greets

    U. Beata