Re: virus: discusion in my country, the netherlands about alternative healing/medicin

From: Erik Aronesty (erik@zoneedit.com)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 11:37:52 MST

    Western medicine attacks the symptoms and attempts to isolate causes. Eastern medicine attempts to nurture the whole person, and scoffs at thinking about “causes” in such a linear sense.

    I say “western and eastern” even though those terms are outdated - for lack of a better term.

    Both ways of thinking are needed, both have a long history of producing medicines and regimens of varying effectiveness.

    Western researchers would benefit by learning more about holistic interactions, long term effects and subtle thinking.

    Eastern healers would benefit by doing some serious research studies and tossing out the stuff that doesn't work.