RE: virus: Lost in Translation

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Sat Mar 20 2004 - 13:50:08 MST

    Dr Sebby
    Sent: 20 March 2004 04:36 PM

    ....it was a pretty film in many ways, but having lived in tokyo for 2
    yrs,
    i cannot understate how painfully boring the two characters were in
    their
    exploration of all that is tokyo. two people so uninspired to
    experience
    the vastness of the tokyo cultural landscape sort of made it hard for me
    endow them with any sort of character depth. as a result, i found them
    quite pitiful and hard to lead me to any land of mystery. but if you
    havent
    been there, perhaps it would be a nice visiit. my opinion of tokyo: it
    makes NY look like what it is, and it makes all other cultural meccas
    look
    painfully unnecessary.

    [Blunderov]
    While I take your point, it seems to me the two characters, Charlotte
    and Bob, were trapped in circumstances that that made them feel
    strangers to their own lives and Tokyo made this painfully clear to both
    of them.

    I envy you your two years there.

    Best Regards