RE: virus: Nanotech is here

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Thu Mar 25 2004 - 23:12:42 MST

    Walter Watts
    Sent: 26 March 2004 01:21 AM

    I noticed at the book store yesterday, the current price of an Athlon 64
    bit 3.4 GHz
    CPU was just $400. 64 BIT!! Jeeeezzzzzzuuusss.

    A 32 bit 3.4 GHz CPU is only $200

    Walter
    <They're gonna have to write a new Moore's Law>

    [Blunderov] Not that I know much about these matters myself, but in
    chess programming circles they are apparently unexcited about the 64 bit
    chip; opinion seems to be that the 64 bit architecture is more useful
    for server applications than productive of actual computing power for
    the end user.
    Best Regards