RE: virus: Lost in Translation

From: Casey (cmanisca@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 27 2004 - 08:50:38 MST

    [quote from: Rhysenn on 2004-03-27 at 08:13:41]
    I haven't seen Lost in Translation, but i did see Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind. I wouldn't say it was utterly phenomenal, but it was a really good movie, and touching at times, and I would consider buying it when it comes out on video. Kate Winslet's character in some parts seemed sort of a cliche character, but some of the aspects to her character, such as the hair dyeing and working at a book store, made her seem much more realistic than similar characters in other movies.

    I know I just hyped "Lost in Translation", but if you do see the movie go in with a clear and open mind to it. Forget the hype. Forget the Oscars. Forget all of what you've read about it. I saw it the weekend of it's release without a clue about the movie. And, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think, in part, because I didn't hear "the hype". So, be that as it may, forget all we've said about the movie and judge it according to you're own unique perspective. :)

    Fond regards,
    Casey

    ----
    This message was posted by Casey to the Virus 2004 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=61;action=display;threadid=30060>