RE: virus: Parmenides and the problem of abstract and concrete.

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Sat Mar 27 2004 - 10:50:29 MST

    Erik Aronesty
    Sent: 27 March 2004 05:00 PM
    To: Church of Virus
    Subject: Re: virus: Parmenides and the problem of abstract and concrete.

    All things have some expense.

    Information is gained at the expense of storage and transmission
    capacity.

    Memes fight for concious mindshare. Conciousness is a very limited
    resource.

    [Blunderov]Mmm. Not looking good for the hypothesis. But I haven't quiet
    abandoned it yet - every daddys' duckling is a swan.

    I still puzzling about whether information can be said to have an
    existence which is in any way separate from its' residence. Can a thing
    be said to be stored in itself? Would this make a difference either way?
    I'm a bit stuck I admit.

    Thanks to all who provided their thoughts. I've a long way to go with
    this one.

    Best Regards