virus: Fw: Virus Books

From: David McFadzean (david@lucifer.com)
Date: Sun Mar 28 2004 - 20:27:56 MST

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Hows" <howhow84@hotmail.com>
    To: <david@lucifer.com>
    Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2004 6:37 AM
    Subject: Virus Books

    David,

    The books that infected me and changed me forever, as well as many people I know, were those by Daniel Quinn. He has written a
    series of four books that shake the foundations of many who read them. In some of them he specifically speaks of memes and Dawkins
    and Darwin. The books are Ishmael, Story of B, My Ishmael, and Beyond Civilization. I think they belong on your page as much as
    anything on there.

    These books are so powerful we have applied to become a 501(c)(3) ( http://www.friendsofishmael.org ) to help spread the virus
    through schools and other groups. It's hard to get many of these ideas into schools and also hard to get them in a form even high
    schoolers enjoy reading and understand. Quinn has done that. That's probably why Ishmael won the biggest award ever given to a book
    (in terms of money).

    Not only does Quinn's work itself employ memes, but we employ them in our attempts to increase readership of them. One attempt was
    to use a meme targeted at those who hate their jobs to build a site. See http://www.readishmael.com.

    We are fascinated with memetics and believe it is a crucial science in order to change minds if humans are going to survive on this
    planet for much longer. We simply must wake people up to what is going on and allow reason to take over soon.

    Howard Ditkoff
    http://www.systemsthinker.com