virus: America over God

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 15:41:07 MST

    This is fucking hilarious. Noticed by crw in #virus.

    http://www.adequacy.org/public/stories/2002.7.8.222734.1240.html

    <snip>

    "Under God" needs to be replaced with "over God."

    Let's be very clear about one thing here: We are the U-nited Fucking States of America. We are not "under" anybody or anything, God included. God may have flexed His muscles a few thousand years ago, but in the intervening era, the Children of Liberty have learned a few tricks that even God was never able to pull off. The recent silence from God has been deafening, and there's a reason for that; He knows better than to pick a fight that He cannot win. The ability to turn random people into pillars of salt and send swarms of locusts to ruin crops is a pretty cute parlor trick, to be sure. But cute parlor tricks only get you so far.

    Let's see how things stack up, shall we?

        * AMERICA: Has the ability to destroy the entire world dozens of times over and render it all an uninhabitable nuclear wasteland for tens of thousands of years
        * GOD: Was only able to dump lots of water on the world for a period of 40 days. Water! Ooh, I'm positively quaking! Mercy, Lord... Mercy! Pardon me while I get out the air pump so I can inflate my fucking water wings!

    <snip>

    ----
    This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2004 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=61;action=display;threadid=30107>